Sunday, June 5, 2011

Test Model Done

Well it finished sooner than expected and here it is. The painting was pretty simple which involved lots of drybrushing. I didn't do anything fancy albeit it looks good enough on the table.

For the armor, I used Chaos Black, Adeptus Battle Gray, Fortress Gray and Badab Black. First I primed the model with Chaos Black then drybrushing the whole model with ABG. Once its dry, I washed the whole model with thinned down Badab Black. Finally a drybrush of Fortress Gray to bring out that stone grey color of pre-heresy Space Wolves. I admit mine is bit darker than the normal pre-heresy color but I kinda like it this way.

The fur was based with Scorched Brown and drybrushed with Snakebite Leather. The faces were painted using Elf Flesh and and a wash of Gryphone Sepia (I love this wash!!)

Ok THAT's it for now and I really need to finish my Night Lords Stormraven and four more Jump marines before I got pulled further into this project. Laters..

Friday, June 3, 2011

New Project - the Vlka Fenryka!

I'm sidetracking a bit from my Night Lords and to introduce a teaser of my upcoming project; pre-heresy Space Wolves aka Vlka Fenryka! Warhammer 30k dudes!! We already got some positive response from Legio members and other players who are already on board in this pre-heresy project. Initial suggestions to have a pre-heresy army of 1000 points beginning March 2012. I'm aiming for 1750 points but 1000 is a good start. Below is some of the test models that I converted recently.

I looked all over the internet including Space Wolves blogs and forums, most of their pre-heresy conversion were using Chaos Warriors as a basis. So this is great and I don't have to spend so much on FW stuffs. CW are suitable due to their cape attached with Wolf's fur and pelt. This will work great on pre-heresy SW as it compliments their barbaric and savage look (though they're not stupid as they appear) The Horus Heresy - Collected Visions, have tons of pre-heresy pictures and I drew some of my inspirations from there.

So the basic components for this conversion are simple; Chaos Warriors, Space Wolves sprues and Green Stuff. My main goal here is try to make them as 'hairy' as possible and most of them will have that cape. Green Stuff will help to create more fur and also to cover up any gaps.

Well this is just the beginning and quite happy with the preliminary test. I will look for other ways to make them more pre-heresy. For now I'm going to paint this test models and see how they turnout. I will post more pictures soon.

Now back to my Night Lords, only 4 Jump Assault squad and a Stormraven to finish. Then I'm good for the battlefield. Laters..


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...