Sunday, July 18, 2010

Fast Painting Skeletons

My VC army will have tons of Ghouls and Skelies and to paint them nicely could and can be a daunting task indeed. A while back I've used the Minwax tecnique, made famous by Legio Malaysia co-founder, Jeff Brooks. It worked like a charm for my Cadian 7th and I think it will work well with VC since they emphasises on flesh and bone color tones. I've finished the first batch skeletons and I think it look fantastic and battle ready. Take a look below.

All of the skelies are base color painted and no wash or shading whatsoever. The bones are painted Bleach Bone, Blood Red for their banners, Boltgun Metal for spears, armor and helmets and Snake Bite Leather and Scorched Brown for their cloths and scabbards. Sands and flocks of grass for the bases. Once finished, I simply dipped them in the Wax, just like a fondue. It even worked nicely on the bases too, as the recesses of the Wax will eventually flows down towards the sands and grasses. Once dipped, leave it to dry for at least 8 hours. Once dried it will something like in the picture above. It will have a glossy effect due to Wax. To counter this you can use Tamiya Flat Spray TS-80. I'm working on the ghouls as well and will post more pics once it's done. Gotta love the Wax! Laters..

9 comments:

  1. Those look tight dude! The only thing I'd suggest is painting black inside the eye sockets and mouth. Other than that (and a matte varnish of course), you're aces!

    Gotta love da dip...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray for the Dipmaster! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nicely done my friend. Nice clean skeleton's :) Dipping is King!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks guys!! hope u find this useful..Minwax rules!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the dip king strikes again! nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @spunkybass: thanks dude! maybe u can use it for ur Orcs and Goblins..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those skeletons looks very nice bro. So many points of painted vc do you have now? I'm just finishing my skinks. Targeting end sept to have a fully painted 2k list. How bt u? First game with me :)

    S$D this sats? Grab lunch. I have some ordered books to collect from kino emporium.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Khairul: That's great dude! Still got a long way to go bro, probably by sept i can finish my 2500pts list..

    Yeah, let's go to S&D, what time will u be at Emporium? I can pick u up there then we can roll!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...